The Protection of Saint Dogbert

The Protection of Saint Dogbert

25 September 2009

How do you connect a BYU student to a shot of whiskey without violating the BYU Honor Code?

So, I have a friend who turned 21 on Thursday. She's a junior at BYU. I wished her a happy birthday on Facebook, got a message back from her, and continued on with my day (I was in the office until 2345 that night). On my walk to my truck, I was talking with one of our consultants, he asked me what time last call was. By the way, it's 2 am. I mention to him that if he wants to raise a pint to Arthur Guinness, he still has time. I then think that my friend shares a birthday with Guinness Stout. I assume that this is the closest that she'll come to a beer on her 21st birthday. But, I think back to my mission. In my second area, we were close to a family who had a daughter that turned 21 while I was there. My companion had been in that city once before and was very close to the family. So, we got the daughter a birthday present and a card. When we were looking for a card, I noticed one that we ended up buying. On the front, there was a shot glass full of whiskey. The inside of the card said "Cake is for Wussies". The family thought it was my comp that picked it out. They were very surprised when he credited me with the selection. So, how am I tying this all back together? I thought, on my drive home, that if I had thought about it before hand, I could have found one of those cards, sent it to my friend, and then say that I bought a BYU student a shot of whiskey for her 21st birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments at your own risk: