The Protection of Saint Dogbert

The Protection of Saint Dogbert

06 June 2012

Running Journal: Weeks 9 through 12 and Race Day

I have been remiss in writing about my running experiences.  For weeks 9 through 11, this was because of my absence from home (Em and I visited New Jersey/New York, Germany, Austria, and The Netherlands...I'll write about that later).  For week 12..well, I don't have a good reason. 

I found that training overseas was considerably more difficult than anticipated, largely due to my allergies.  It's truly spring in Germany right now, which made breathing difficult on its own, never mind trying to breath while exerting myself physically!  I did make it through the trip, and put in a few miles after getting back into the country.

The Meet Me Downtown Tucson 5K was last Saturday.  The race has been run and I have survived.  Here's a quick chronicling of the running that has taken place over the past month.

Week 9-12 Totals: 5 Runs, 10.90 Miles, 2:34:37

Week 9:
Thursday, 10 May - 2.00 Miles, 21:29

Week 10: 
No Running Took Place

Week 11:
Monday, 21 May - 2.92 Miles, 1:06:51

Friday, 25 May - 2.00 Miles, 22:40

Week 12:
Tuesday, 29 May - 2.12 Miles, 21:20

Wednesday, 30 May - 1.86 Miles, 21:17


Overall Training Totals: 35 Runs, 63.48 Miles, 13:40:26

Race Day:
Saturday, 2 June - 3.10 Miles, 35:37.6 (Average Pace - 11:28/mile)
998/1734 Overall, 65/81 in Male 25-29 Division

The race went fairly well.  It was hot (right around 90 degrees at the 7pm start time), and there were a number of local residents that were kind enough to turn their hoses on us as we ran by their homes.  There were also three watering stations, which was also a good thing.  While I didn't run the route as quickly as I would have really liked, I did considerably better than I would have if I hadn't put in those 35 training runs.

I've decided that I'm going to re-do the same 12 week training program, and see if my time improves.  I'm considering running a 5K on Labor Day to test my improvement.  We'll see how that ends up working out with the impending arrival of our first-born child in September.

Thus Sayeth Your Haus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments at your own risk: