The Protection of Saint Dogbert

The Protection of Saint Dogbert

17 April 2012

Running Journal - Week 4 and Week 5

The past two weeks have been absolutely awful for my running.  First, I was hampered by the shin splints.  That kept me off my feet for 2 of my scheduled training runs (the golf really didn't help my shins all that much, but at the time it didn't feel like it was hurting them either).  Then I came down with a sinus infection, which kept me in bed for most of the week.  I missed another 4 runs.  As you'll see by my run breakdown, I wasn't able to get out much at all.  I am, thankfully, feeling considerably better.  Here's hoping for a more productive Week 6.

Week 4 Totals: 2 Runs, 1:10:37 + 2,311 Yards, 3.5 hours and 92 strokes

Monday - 1.98 Miles, 39:47
This was, obviously, a walk.  I wanted to keep my legs moving, and I took the wife on a two-mile stroll.  It was a little chilly, but it wasn't too bad.

Wednesday - 2,311 Yards, 3.5 hours
I took a vacation day and played a round of golf.  Obviously, from the yardage, it was a Par-3 course, but it was a full 18 holes.  Also, I shot a 92, breaking 100 for the first time in my life!

Saturday - 2.41 Miles, 30:50
After taking a few extra days off, I decided to test out my legs once again.  Knowing that I was supposed to start doing 3-milers during week 4, I tried my first on this evening.  Of course, I wasn't able to run the entire way, and I found that my shin area was tightening up as I walked.  I didn't want to risk re-injury, so I cut the run short and headed in.  It felt good to get back out there, but I was disappointed that my legs didn't feel as good as I would have liked.  My head also felt a bit out of sorts.  Little did I know, that was just a precursor of what was to come the following week.

Week 5 Totals: 1 Run, 21:15

Friday - 1.1 Miles, 21:15
A walk after having been sick all week.  I still felt terrible, but I knew I needed to move around a little bit.

Week 6 Schedule: 5 Runs, 12 Miles


Thus Sayeth Your Haus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments at your own risk: