The Protection of Saint Dogbert

The Protection of Saint Dogbert

23 April 2012

Running Journal - Week 6

This was my first week getting back into a semblance of a training pattern.  My legs felt pretty good.  I also began to break in new running shoes, a pair of Nike Free Run+ 3 LAF's.  They feel very good so far, and I'm excited about using them.  My health is well, so it's now a matter of re-acquiring stamina and getting in a full week of running.  I have a good idea of how I'll get through this week's schedule, so that's a good thing.  My only real distraction from running this week will be Wednesday night's Bruins/Capitals Game 7, but I'll make sure I either get out during an intermission or right after the game is over.

Anyway, here's my rundown for the past week:

Week 6 Totals: 3 Runs, 4.89 Miles, 56:16

Tuesday: 2.01 Miles, 24:49
This was a tough run, as I could feel the affects of not running consistently for two weeks.  I had to stop and walk a couple times, but I made my way though the run.


Thursday: 1.01 Miles, 10:09
A short run to feel how my new shoes felt.  I enjoyed it, and I managed to keep a good pace throughout the run.  It was also a late run, so it was dark and I didn't want to be out there for too long.

Friday: 1.87 Miles (3 Kilometers), 21:28
I decided to change things up a little bit and measure my run by kilometers, since I'll be running a 5k afterall.  It was another night run for me, so I made sure to take care of where I was running and made sure I wasn't going to fall in a pothole and break my ankle.  But, I only had to slow to a walk twice, and I managed to keep those stints fairly short.

Week 7 Schedule: 5 Runs, 15 Miles

Thus Sayeth Your Haus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments at your own risk: