The Protection of Saint Dogbert

The Protection of Saint Dogbert

07 August 2009

The First Post

I am sitting in an all-day training session, waiting for the session to finish so I can get up and stretch. This is the third of these PeopleSoft Basic sessions I've had to co-facilitate, and is also the last of them. I've become the de-facto BenAdmin trainer, though I'm trained to be a functional person. Months spent learning configuration, analysis, and analytics, and all I'm doing is talking to groups of people who really don't care too much about what I'm saying. But, on the upside, I do get a change of scenery for a few hours. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but training all day long (especially one-on-one sessions) does get tiring.

I feel I should explain the title of this blog, seeing as how this is the first posting. While on my mission, I was given the nickname of 'Haus'. The inspiration for this nickname is the character from the TV show 'Bonanza', though I believe that character's name was spelled 'Hoss'. Since we were missionaries, we had a tendency to speak in a biblical manner. So, when I would get done speaking, and someone felt like being a wiseguy, they'd pipe up and say 'Thus Sayeth our Haus'. After a while, I'd end my comments with 'Thus Sayeth Your Haus'. That's where it's coming from.

While I may seem like a bit of a sports nut, there is a more intellectual side to me which I hope to express through this site. We'll see how it goes. But, in homage to my inner sports fan, I have to say this: Yankees Suck! Go Sox!

For now, this is all. Thus Sayeth Your Haus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments at your own risk: