The Protection of Saint Dogbert

The Protection of Saint Dogbert

14 August 2009

Let's Go Murphys!

I went into the office a little early this morning. I got settled in, checked in with the boss, and then started waiting for today's trainee. She was half an hour late, so while I was waiting (and complaining about her being late to training), I went onto the Dropkick Murphys website. I've been looking for information on either a fall tour or their new live album (also expected out before the year's end). It seems that sometime on Thursday, they posted the dates for a November tour! Now, I looked at the dates and cities to see if they were coming to Arizona. Nope, no shows in the Grand Canyon State. So, next I look for dates in neighboring states. Now, they're starting this tour in Anahiem, and the second show is in San Diego. San Diego is only 400 miles from Tucson, so I made a bee line for the boss to get a couple days off and bought my ticket to the show. I had been looking to get out of town in November (as September and October will be pure tourture at work), and now I have a date and place for this vacation. So, in the space of one hour, I had taken care of making travel plans for a vacation that I've been looking forward to since May, I just didn't know what I was going to do until today. So, that made today a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comments at your own risk: